NE BDR TRAINING TOUR!
We are hosting a tour of the NORTHEAST BACKCOUNTRY DISCOVERY ROUTE (NEBDR). This will provide 12 women, who have intermediate and above adventure riding skills, an opportunity to ride the NEBDR to improve their dual-sport and adventure riding skills to the next level while giving back to the greater good!
WMF, Inc. has three goals for this epic tour. We will keep the costs down for this 14-day adventure in return for accepting a minimum $300 fundraising commitment to support homeless female Veterans with children through Final Salute, Inc. The ride will also benefit the Backcountry Discovery Route with its mission to bring needed business to rural communities as it educates and encourages the off-road riding community on trail etiquette and land stewardship practices.
Finally, the ride will honor the 100th Anniversary of Women’s Right to Vote in the U.S. by serving as modern-day female role models. Each day will be ridden in honor of a Suffragist who fought for women to control their destinies as fully recognized, participatory citizens of the United States.
- July 19th Arrival – Hancock, NY: Opening Dinner / DIRTY for GOOD – Lodging starts 7/19/2020.
- July 20th: Skills Practice & Skills Assessment with Professional Adventure Riding Trainers (Meet Our Instructors).
- Situational Trail Training and guiding throughout the tour with the trainers along with WMF, Inc. riding staff.
- Breakfast and healthy (Pack your Own Trail) Lunches June 20- Aug. 2
- Final provided meal, breakfast Aug. 3rd.
- Fifteen Nights Lodging: “Mom & Pop” locally owned motels, two campgrounds, hostels & donated space. Two of these nights will be in a Loon Mountain Ski Area lodge – with a day off to sleep, relax, do laundry and play.
- NOTE: WMF, Inc. has four, 4-Person tents to be shared by 2 riders. Speak up if you’re willing to share a tent.
- Chase Team with 4-WD Truck for bike/rider transport along trail
- Trailer for Luggage/Gear Transport
- Extra Motorcycles in case of a breakdown.
- DIRTYforGOOD Tour Video, through the talents of videographer/photographer Robin “Bin” Bova. See 2019 video on our You Tube Channel.
- DIRTYforGOOD – Dirty Dozen NEBDR T-Shirt
- DIRTYforGOOD Retro-Reflective Stickers
- Butler Map of the North East Backcountry Discovery Route.
- Use of WMF, Inc. tools, topping oils, chain cleaner/lube.
What’s Not Covered (And you pay for…)
- Nightly Dinners: Moderately Priced Restaurants or Chip-in for food costs prepared by WMF, Inc. Volunteer-Staff.
- Motorcycles and Fuel are not provided/covered. Bring a dual-sport or adventure motorcycle that fits you well on which you can improve your skills. We expect to see 250c.c. – Mid to Large Adventure models.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad.
- Fuel canisters and/or RotopaX if you have a small tank.
- Cash. We will be in areas where an ATM will not be available. Plus, you will need cash for chip-in-dinners.
(FULL LIST OF WHAT TO BRING PROVIDED UPON REGISTERING.)